WE ALL ARE SURVIVORS. THE QUESTION IS, HOW DO WE LEARN HOW TO THRIVE?
I was a strong, independent, determined and intelligent woman. I had survived two major medical crisis including a rare brain tumor diagnosis.
I was “empowered,” “choosing happiness,” “making it happen,” and “observing my ego,” via all the self-help education I’d been plugged into for years.
But looking back, I was completely disconnected my myself, from my truth and from my heart. As a result, I was creating my life through my head. . . I was living on spiritual junk-food.
On the back side of an abusive relationship, I realized that in spite of being fit, happy, and “thinking I loved myself”, I was actually swimming in low self-worth.
But there is a happy ending…
Since as far back as I can remember, I’ve been obsessed with this one question — how can I be responsible for and contribute to the most inspired, healthy, and loving life I truly desire?
As a result of this one question being the filter through which all the challenges, voids, and disappointments in my life occurred– I have passionately sought out the tools to be more empowered, inspired, grateful and healthy than ever before and believe everything is in divine order!
All of the crazy, scary, health issues in my life brought me to a deep reverence and appreciation for the human body.
However, all of the healthy eating, positive affirmations and shifting perspectives were not going to heal the deepest sickness of them all — a total disconnect between my emotional, spiritual and intellectual self; the well hidden beliefs that I was not valuable, that it wasn’t okay to be fully me, and that it wasn’t safe to feel.
As women in the 21st century we have gotten really good at navigating our world through intellect and will power. We can get the career, we can create the businesses, we can pursue family or not.
But, If we are chronically underwhelmed, settling for less than we deserve in relationships, tired of hitting the same walls, continually self abandoning or engaging in painful addictive behaviors — our problems go beyond the physical or logical reality we are in.
If there is one thing I have learned through years of working with all kinds of women it is this:
We often get sick emotionally and spiritually long before our bodies and life circumstances give us a wake up call. Bankruptcy of the spirit always precedes bankruptcy of our bank accounts and hearts.
You absolutely have to change your inner world before your outer world can change. The problem is most of us have been trying to do this through our minds with one dimensional will-power, positive thinking, and psychology. Our minds are only a symptom of the problem.
If you find yourself here, it is by no accident I am sure. It is my deepest heart’s desire to midwife, facilitate, and support you through a journey that allows you to connect to your heart, your truth, and your worth in a #wholehuman way, so that you can navigate your life through deep, abiding, inner peace, self-love, and self-knowing.
A FEW PERSONAL BITS
(in case you want to know more)
- I’ve been featured on The Daily Love and re-tweeted by the OWN network.
- I have a ton of energy moving through me all the time, so I ground myself through lifting weights like the boys at the gym. I did a bodybuilding competition once.
- I am highly intuitive. I have dreams and visions of things happening before they happen. I denied this gift for many years. I mostly listen to it now.
- I’m a double Sagittarius with all my planets in the 12th, 11th and 10th house. That means I look like a Sagittarius, I sound like a Sagittarius, but I feel like someone who has her feet in both worlds.
- I am obsessed with Pandora and I-tunes. Music feeds my soul. No TV here.
- I am an INFP. I am highly introverted, somewhat private, but very social. I love to connect in little structured bits.